TOEFL iBT Practice - Listening Part 1
TOEFL iBT® Practice Test - Mock Test
This mock practice test has been prepared by Academic Success Media Inc. © COPYRIGHT 2006-2017. Academic Success Media Inc. All rights reserved.
NOTE: TOEFL® and the TOEFL iBT® are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS). Please note that this website is not approved or endorsed by ETS.
Listening Test Part 1
Now use your notes to answer questions 1 to 5. When
you have finished the questions, your score will show here. When you finished this part, click on "Go to the Next Task" above.
Question 1: What reason did the student give for being late to class?
- She has an earlier class that finishes late.
- She works part-time in the library.
- She takes her child to the day care center.
- Her little girl is ill.
Why does the teacher say this?: "I have a class in about five minutes.
Is it a quick question?"
- To express disapproval about the student’s tardiness
- To scold the student for not making an appointment
- To encourage to student to speak about her problem in detail
- To point out that he doesn’t have much time to talk
Question 3: What does the student mean when she says this?:
"I'm not really with you."
- She doesn’t understand what the teacher has implied.
- She doesn’t want to continue the discussion.
- She doesn’t want to leave with the teacher.
- She disagrees with the teacher’s previous statement.
Question 4: Based upon the teacher’s comments, what can be inferred about some of the other students in the class?
- They have agreed to help this student with her problem.
- They may be unhappy about the current situation.
- They agree with the solution the teacher has proposed.
- They don’t like having refresher sessions.
Question 5: What solution did the teacher and student agree upon?
- The student should make alternative child care arrangements.
- The student will attend the class at a different time of day.
- The student needs to discuss her problem with another student.
- The student should get class notes from another student.